Florida Trademark Monitoring Lawyer
At Perkins Law, our trademark monitoring attorney is committed to providing superior legal guidance and support to clients. We protect your brand with proactive, thorough trademark monitoring. To set up a strictly private, no obligation consultation with a top Florida trademark monitoring lawyer, please contact our Boca Raton law office today.
What is Trademark Monitoring?
Trademark monitoring is the process of monitoring the use of a trademark in order to ensure that it is being used properly and not being infringed upon. To start, this typically involves the regular searching for and identifying instances of the trademark being used. If a protected trademark is being infringed upon, the appropriate action can then be taken.
Why is Trademark Monitoring Important?
Trademark monitoring is important because it helps to protect the trademark owner’s rights. By regularly monitoring the use of a trademark, the owner can ensure that the trademark is being used properly and in accordance with the law. This can help to prevent others from using the trademark without permission, which can dilute the trademark and reduce its value. Proactive trademark monitoring is one of the keys to identifying—and addressing—trademark infringement.
How Does the Process of Trademark Monitoring Work?
All businesses and organizations with valuable service should develop and implement an effective system for trademark monitoring. An experienced IP law attorney can help. Here is a basic overview of the four steps of trademark monitoring:
- Identification: The first step in trademark monitoring is to identify the trademark that is being monitored. You need to know the scope of the trademark that you want to protect.
- Regular Searches: Once the trademark has been identified, the next step is to conduct regular searches for instances of the trademark being used. A comprehensive search can involve both the USPTO’s official Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) as well as public records.
- Evaluation: You and your attorney will need to evaluate potential infringement or dilution by unauthorized. It is crucial that you understand exactly how other marks are being used.
- Action: Finally, if necessary, legal action should be taken to stop potential infringement or dilution. Legal action could include a cease-and-desist letter or even a lawsuit.
Why Rely On Perkins Law for Trademark Monitoring
Trademark monitoring is a key part of protecting your brand. Trademark infringement and/or trademark dilution that is allowed to stand unchallenged can undermine your brand and your IP rights. Our founder and managing attorney L.A. Perkins is an IP lawyer with extensive trademark law experience. Among other things, our Florida trademark monitoring lawyer is ready to:
- Conduct a comprehensive intellectual property audit;
- Thoroughly monitoring your trademarks; and
- Take whatever legal action is needed to establish and defend your brand.
Get Help From Our Florida Trademark Monitoring Lawyer Today
At Perkins Law, our Florida trademark monitoring lawyer has the professional skills and legal experience to protect your brand. Contact us today to arrange a confidential initial appointment with an experienced trademark monitoring lawyer. From our Boca Raton office, we provide trademark monitoring services throughout all of Southeastern Florida.